Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch.)
Affiliated to: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
Registered with Council of Architecture
Registered with Council of Architecture
Humanity leaves immortal echoes through its history in the form of language, art and architecture. These echoes are not simply to be viewed in retrospect rather this tradition achieves new forms of beauty in the hands of individuals. Thus, Architecture is a connection with the immortal past, yet revitalizing it for the new generation. The architects are the arbiters of our future history. Whether we consider the monumental structures like Taj Mahal or the modern icons like Sydney Opera House, each work telling the story of its creation. It is man’s instinct desire to innovate, decorate, create and materialize the impossible dreams. Architecture is also a melting pot of various disciplines. When we study Architecture, we also get to study various fields of human endeavor, including Design, Art, History, Construction, Material Science, Physics and Engineering.
At Delhi Technical Campus, we provide a promising and futuristic Architecture program. Our focus is on the emerging trends in architecture like sustainability, conservation, contemporary architecture, landscaping, city planning and urban design.
In today’s world, access to information is available to all, but the ability to synthesize and efficiently use the available information is what distinguishes an expert from the inept.
As an architect, a fresh graduate is expected to be a thorough professional even before receiving a degree. At the School of Architecture, we emphasize on the student’s ability to be an expert of tomorrow. Our focus is to help every student discover the ocean of creativity within to provide innovative solutions to the complex problems.
The Department is empowered with highly experienced and renowned architects, architecture educators of Delhi NCR along with our specialized young faculty from reputed institutes like SPA Delhi, CEPT Ahmedabad, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, GCA Lucknow. They specialize in various domains like conservation, landscaping, urban design, urban planning, green buildings, arts. The diverse fields of specialization of our eclectic faculty ensure that every student is free to pursue her or his interests in the plethora of opportunities that opens up to an architecture graduate.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
Our resourceful campus and interactive teaching methods provide an ambience of learning and practical training simultaneously. Fully furnished and spacious studios, modern classrooms, well-equipped labs and workshops, model making room, resource center and building material lab, a construction yard with a steady supply of materials ensure that our students never experience a shortage of infrastructure to realize their ideas.
MAJOR EVENTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
The School of Architecture organized national seminar, workshops, expert lectures, short term training programmes and other value added courses which are an essential part of valued based learning.
- Orientaion Programme for the new students on August 22nd, 2016
- Workshop on Bricks on 11th March, 2016
- Art Workshop at Delhi Public World School, Noida Extension for two days on March 23rd-24th March, 2017
- During the session 2014-2015, the department organized 2 days Certified National Seminar on “Cities and Citizens”
- Workshops on Origami, Bamboo, Art (Patterns and Illusions) and Murals were conducted in Session 2015-2016.
- Students were taken for study tours to different cities of India like Ahmadabad, Bhopal, Jaisalmer, Alwar to study the local architecture of these places.
- Under the “Le Corbusier Lecture Series”, renowned experts were invited-
- Expert Lecture on “Role Of Services in Buildings” by Ar.Smita Rashmi on 17th February, 2016.
- Lecture on “Fatehpur Sikri” by Prof.Divya Gupta, Director of the Architecture Department on 16th September, 2016.
- Lecture on ” Traditional Is Modern” by Mr.Randolph Lagenbach on 22nd November, 2016.
- Lecture on ” Architecture And Urbanism In Slumdog Millionaire” by Dr.Vandana Baweja on 14t December, 2016.
- Seminar On “INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL LAW” by Honorable Justice Bhanwar Singh on 9th September, 2016.
- FDP on “NATIONAL RESEARCH METHODOLOGY IN ARCHITECTURE” in collaboration with COA from 20th February to 24th, February, 2017.
- An exhibition titled “KINESTHESIA-2016” was organized by First Year Students on 8th November, 2016.
- Presentation on Educational Tour to Europe and dubai” was given to the students by company called “WHEELS ON INNOVATION” from Pune on March 6th, 2017.
- A Regional Faculty Induction Programme titled “NIASA” was attended by the faculties at Sushant School Of Art & Architecture, Gurugram dated 17th October to 21st october, 2016.
- A Documentary titled “A DAY AT CAMPUS” was filmed at the School of Architecture on March 4th, 2016.
- A Farewell Party was organized for the Final Year Students.
- Apart from these, the Department organized extra-curricular activities like ANUGOONJ Preliminary Selection of the students, Dental and Blood Donation Camps, Teacher’s day Celebrations, VIKIRAN-College Fest, etc.
- Pre-Diwali and NASA Event called DIWANA was organized on 27th October, 2016.
- A special lecture on ‘Architecture in You’ by Dr. Alok Ranjan, Professor, Department of Architecture, MNIT, Jaipur.
- Our students actively participate in NASA (National Association of Students of Architecture) and achieved Third position in Reubens Trophy in Zonal NASA 2015.
FUTURE PROSPECTS OF STUDENTS
Our students’ work has been widely appreciated in the architecture community. This opens a wide array of opportunities for graduates not only to pursue architecture as a profession, but also delve into other allied fields as well. Our students have interests in arenas as varied from urban design to automobile design, production design to sustainable architecture.
Vast experience of over 48 years in handling all kinds of Architectural Projects.
Vast experience of almost 48 yrs. She specialises in Hospital Design, Housing and Sustainable Technologies.
Satish Kumar Khanna
Senior Faculty with over 45 years of professional and academic experience
An Architect-Artist with over 20
years of experience.
He has an experience of more than 20 years. He specialises in Retail and Conservation Architecture.
Ms. Chandrakala Kesarwani
B.Arch., M.Arch from Maharshi
Dayanand University, Rohtak
Ar. Seema Sharma
B.Arch. M.Arch from Guru
Jambheshwar University, Hissar
Ar. Arundhati Khasnabis
B.Arch, M.Des. from IIT Delhi
Ar. Gandharva Swami
B. Arch., M.Arch from
Mohd. Parvez Alam
B.Tech., M.Tech. from
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Ar. Amitesh Vijay Mourya
B.Arch., Master’s in Urban Planning,
Ankur Vatsaa Tripathi
He is a versatile architect with over 14 years of experience in planning, design, detailing & coordinating.
Prof. Divay Gupta
Conservation Architect with postgraduate specializations from School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi and University of Birmingham, UK
Ar. Sushma Garg
B.Sc. , B.Arch, from
Ar. Abinav Garg
B. Arch, IIT Roorkee
M.Tech. from CEPT University
Ar. Charu Jain
B.Arch., M.Arch. from
Ar. Mehak Manrao
B. Arch. from Punjab Technical
Ar. Abhinav Kessarwani
B.Arch, Masters in Construction Management from Redding University, U.K.
Ar. Mudit Gupta
Masters in Ekistics from
Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Ar. Ajit Agnihotri
Ar. Nidhi Sachdeva
B. Arch., M. Plan (Environmental Planning)
Ar. Swati Punyal
B.Arch, M.Arch. from
School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal