School of Architecture, Delhi Technical Campus
Affiliated to: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)
Registered with Council of Architecture
Humanity leaves immortal echoes through its history in the form of language, art and architecture. These echoes are not simply to be viewed in retrospect rather this tradition achieves new forms of beauty in the hands of individuals. Thus, Architecture is a connection with the immortal past, yet revitalizing it for the new generation. The architects are the arbiters of our future history. Whether we consider the monumental structures like Taj Mahal or the modern icons like Sydney Opera House, each work telling the story of its creation. It is man’s instinct desire to innovate, decorate, create and materialize the impossible dreams. Architecture is also a melting pot of various disciplines. When we study Architecture, we also get to study various fields of human endeavor, including Design, Art, History, Construction, Material Science, Physics and Engineering.
At Delhi Technical Campus, we provide a promising and futuristic Architecture program. Our focus is on the emerging trends in architecture like sustainability, conservation, contemporary architecture, landscaping, city planning and urban design.
In today’s world, access to information is available to all, but the ability to synthesize and efficiently use the available information is what distinguishes an expert from the inept.
As an architect, a fresh graduate is expected to be a thorough professional even before receiving a degree. At the School of Architecture, we emphasize on the student’s ability to be an expert of tomorrow. Our focus is to help every student discover the ocean of creativity within to provide innovative solutions to the complex problems.
The Department is empowered with highly experienced and renowned architects, architecture educators of Delhi NCR along with our specialized young faculty from reputed institutes like SPA Delhi, CEPT Ahmedabad, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, IIT Delhi, GCA Lucknow. They specialize in various domains like conservation, landscaping, urban design, urban planning, green buildings, arts. The diverse fields of specialization of our eclectic faculty ensure that every student is free to pursue her or his interests in the plethora of opportunities that opens up to an architecture graduate.
INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
Our resourceful campus and interactive teaching methods provide an ambience of learning and practical training simultaneously. Fully furnished and spacious studios, modern classrooms, well-equipped labs and workshops, model making room, resource center and building material lab, a construction yard with a steady supply of materials ensure that our students never experience a shortage of infrastructure to realize their ideas.
MAJOR EVENTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
The School of Architecture organized national seminar, workshops, expert lectures, short term training programmes and other value added courses which are an essential part of valued based learning.
- Orientaion Programme for the new students on August 22nd, 2016
- Workshop on Bricks on 11th March, 2016
- Art Workshop at Delhi Public World School, Noida Extension for two days on March 23rd-24th March, 2017
- During the session 2014-2015, the department organized 2 days Certified National Seminar on “Cities and Citizens”
- Workshops on Origami, Bamboo, Art (Patterns and Illusions) and Murals were conducted in Session 2015-2016.
- Students were taken for study tours to different cities of India like Ahmadabad, Bhopal, Jaisalmer, Alwar to study the local architecture of these places.
- Under the “Le Corbusier Lecture Series”, renowned experts were invited-
- Expert Lecture on “Role Of Services in Buildings” by Ar.Smita Rashmi on 17th February, 2016.
- Lecture on “Fatehpur Sikri” by Prof.Divya Gupta, Director of the Architecture Department on 16th September, 2016.
- Lecture on ” Traditional Is Modern” by Mr.Randolph Lagenbach on 22nd November, 2016.
- Lecture on ” Architecture And Urbanism In Slumdog Millionaire” by Dr.Vandana Baweja on 14t December, 2016.
- Seminar On “INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL LAW” by Honorable Justice Bhanwar Singh on 9th September, 2016.
- FDP on “NATIONAL RESEARCH METHODOLOGY IN ARCHITECTURE” in collaboration with COA from 20th February to 24th, February, 2017.
- An exhibition titled “KINESTHESIA-2016” was organized by First Year Students on 8th November, 2016.
- Presentation on Educational Tour to Europe and dubai” was given to the students by company called “WHEELS ON INNOVATION” from Pune on March 6th, 2017.
- A Regional Faculty Induction Programme titled “NIASA” was attended by the faculties at Sushant School Of Art & Architecture, Gurugram dated 17th October to 21st october, 2016.
- A Documentary titled “A DAY AT CAMPUS” was filmed at the School of Architecture on March 4th, 2016.
- A Farewell Party was organized for the Final Year Students.
- Apart from these, the Department organized extra-curricular activities like ANUGOONJ Preliminary Selection of the students, Dental and Blood Donation Camps, Teacher’s day Celebrations, VIKIRAN-College Fest, etc.
- Pre-Diwali and NASA Event called DIWANA was organized on 27th October, 2016.
- A special lecture on ‘Architecture in You’ by Dr. Alok Ranjan, Professor, Department of Architecture, MNIT, Jaipur.
- Our students actively participate in NASA (National Association of Students of Architecture) and achieved Third position in Reubens Trophy in Zonal NASA 2015.
FUTURE PROSPECTS OF STUDENTS
Our students’ work has been widely appreciated in the architecture community. This opens a wide array of opportunities for graduates not only to pursue architecture as a profession, but also delve into other allied fields as well. Our students have interests in arenas as varied from urban design to automobile design, production design to sustainable architecture.
Prof. Divay Gupta – Principal
He is a Conservation Architect with postgraduate specializations in Architectural Conservation and Heritage Management from School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi and University of Birmingham, UK, respectively. With these skills he have been involved in conservation and management of cultural heritage resources in India for around two decades. He has had a long association with INTACH and is one of the leading experts in the nation.
Ar. Tanya Gupta – Associate Professor
Ar. Tanya Gupta is an Associate Professor in Department of Architecture. She is B. Arch from Government College of Architecture-Lucknow University, M.Sc (Green Buildings) from TGOU, University of Nagaland She has more than 12 years of Multidisciplinary experience both in Industry & Academics, & pursuing M. Arch from Sharda University, Greater Noida. She has more than 12 years of Multidisciplinary experience both in Industry & Academics.
Ar. Sushma Garg – Professor
Ar.Sushma Garg is a professor in the School Of Architecture, Delhi Technical Campus. She has completed her graduation B.Sc. from CU and B.Arch from M.S.University, Baroda. She has a rich experience of more than 42 years covering both Industry and Academics. Her areas of interest are Interior Design, Construction Technology and Architectural Research.
Ar. Abinav Garg – Associate Professor
Mr. Abhinav Garg is an Associate Professor in Department of Architecture. He is B. Arch from IIT Roorkee and M.Tech. (Environmental Planning) from CEPT University. He has more than 12 years of Multidisciplinary experience both in Industry & Academics.
Ar. Poonam Jha – Assistant Professor
Architect Poonam Jha is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture. She is graduated as an Architect from Visveswarya National Institute of Technology (VNIT) Nagpur (2007) and Masters in City Planning from IIT Kharagpur (2009) with honors. She has Professional experience as Architect Planner in reputed corporate organizations.
Ar. Seema Sharma – Assistant Professor
Architect Seema Sharma is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture. She is graduated as an Architect from Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar (2010) and Masters in Architecture from Guru Jambheshwar University, Hissar (2015) with First Division. She has 3 years Teaching Experience in Reputed Institutions and Professional experience of 2.5 years as an Architect in reputed organizations.
Ar. Christopher Paul – Assistant Professor
Ar. Christopher Paul is an Assistant Professor in the School of Architecture. He has completed his B.Arch from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra; and his M.Plan with specialisation in Housing from School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi. He has over 5 years of industrial experience. Commitment to the discipline of architecture are his zeal. His areas of interest are Real Estate, Urban Planning, Housing-Planning and Design, Hotel-Design, Construction Techniques ,Building Services and History of Architecture. He has published his thesis on Unauthorised Colonies of Delhi.
Ar. Arundhati Khasnabis – Assistant Professor
Arundhati Khasnabis, architect and industrial designer is an Assistant Professor at the department of architecture. She has done her B.Arch from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and her M.Des. from IIT Delhi. She has been working as a consultant and teaching for five years. Her research interests are Usability in public buildings and Visual language of architecture. She conducts and attends workshops on art, design and architecture.
Ar. Gandharva Swami – Assistant Professor
Ar. Gandharva Swami is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture Delhi Technical Campus.He is B. Arch from Uttar Pradesh Technical University and M.Arch from Sharda University. He has 3 Years of field experience in Health care Architecture and a year of teaching experience. His areas of interest are Smart Cities, Hospital Design, Building Construction & Technology and Building services.
Ar. Charu Jain – Associate Professor
Ar. Charu Jain is Associate Professor in Department of Architecture. She is B.Arch. from Government college of Architecture, Lucknow University and M.Arch. from IIT Roorkee. She is involved in professional career in Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Industrial Projects for over 16 years. She is also involved in academics for more than 13 years. Her areas of interest are History of Architecture and Architecture Design.
Ar. Mohd. Parvez Alam – Assistant Professor
He is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture, Graduated as Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering and Post Graduated as Master of Technology in Earthquake Engineering from Jamia Millia Islamia. His areas of interest are structural Engineering, Structural Dynamics and Seismic Design and Analysis. He is committed academician with around 7 years of teaching experience. He had taught a wide spectrum of courses related to Structural Engineering on Bachelor and Masters Level and supervised various dissertations. He has published more than 10 research papers and attended numerous seminars and workshops and is also the reviewer of various International Journals.
Ar. Mehak Manrao – Assistant Professor
Ar. Mehak Manrao is an Assistant Professor in School of Architecture, Delhi Technical Campus,Greater Noida. She has done her B. Arch from Punjab Technical University, Punjab. She has 2 Years of field experience in Product Designing and 5+ years of teaching experience. Her areas of interest are Product Designing, Interior Design , Architecture Design. She has also won Pidilite Award of Exellence.
Ms. Chandrakala Kesarwani – Assistant Professor