About the Department
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is an excellent centre of learning providing in-depth technical knowledge and opportunities for innovation and research with up-to-date computing facilities.
The Department’s mission is to advance, evolve, and enhance computer science fundamentals to build researchers and students’ intellectual capital. The Department has a lively and vibrant student body and many distinguished faculties with PhD/PhD pursuing. The Department also offers several attractive national/international exposures to students in terms of Industrial Internship, Minor Project and Major Project for UG Programs.
The Department is cherished and nurtured by various student clubs and committees along with research groups. These clubs offer students the chance to gain experience in their interest areas and network with their peers. Each research group holds regular meetings and hold seminars to discuss current research topics and results. These research groups are specialized in various domains like Machine Learning, Databases, Artificial Intelligence, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Compiler Design, Web Engineering, Cryptography, Network Security and Computer Networks. The Department’s faculty members have published more than 30 research papers in reputed international and national journals and presented 50 research papers in various International and National Conferences.
The Computer Science & Engineering Department is equipped with various labs like Software Testing & Quality Assurance Lab, Data Structures Lab, Computer Graphics Lab, Database Management System Lab, Operating System Lab, Software Engineering Lab, Programming Lab, Design & Algorithm Lab, Data Communication & Networking Lab, Project Lab, and Computer Organization & Architecture Lab.
To transform students into successful industry suitable technocrats possessing leadership qualities, research abilities and a sense of social responsibility.
- To provide a conducive environment that encourages professional and personal growth through a strong theoretical and practical background with an emphasis on hardware and software development skills.
- To prepare graduates to assume leadership roles along with ability to work effectively as a Team in the IT industries.
- To impart essential programming skills where graduate generates creativity, innovativeness and hands-on solutions to real-world problems.
- To empower graduates to accommodate to the rapidly advancing field of technology through Industry-Academia collaborations with global entities for quality education and research.
To generate socially responsible citizens of tomorrow through societal outreach programmes for the holistic development of graduates.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
|Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)|
|PSO 1: Specialized Skills|
|An ability to demonstrate the basic understanding of professional skills, engineering fundamentals, legal/social ethics and application of mathematical concepts to analyse, design and resolve computational problems.|
|PSO 2: Problem Solving Skills|
|To apply innovating computer science and engineering design and application capabilities to solve complex problem using algorithmic principles and provide optimal solutions and a platform for research in emerging discipline.|
|PSO 3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship|
|An ability to effectively communicate confidently to demonstrate impact of computing locally as well as globally within the organization and to the society with the aim of enhancing resources for holistic professional development and successful entrepreneurship.|
PEOs – Program Educational Objectives
- To provide sound knowledge of the fundamentals in Computer Science Engineering to identify, analyse, generate and solve problems in the field of Computer Science.
- To align graduates towards employment in reputed IT Firms as Leaders through organization and participation in Curricular activities of the Department.
- To orient students to participate in research related activities for providing the know-hows of Entrepreneurship.
- To create awareness of the latest in the field of computers among the graduates in terms of the industry needs
To prepare graduates as highly professional and ethical beings fully aware of their social responsibilities.
Process for defining the PEO’s of the Department
|POE Stmts||M1 To provide a conducive environment that encourages professional and personal growth through a strong theoretical and practical background with an emphasis on hardware and software development skills.||M2 To prepare graduates to assume leadership roles along with ability to work effectively as a Team in the IT industries.||M3 To impart essential programming skills where graduate generates creativity, innovativeness and hands-on solutions to real-world problems.||M4 To empower graduates to accommodate to the rapidly advancing field of technology through Industry-Academia collaborations with global entities for quality education and research.||M5 To generate socially responsible citizens of tomorrow through societal outreach programmes for holistic development of graduates.|
|POE 1 To provide sound knowledge of the fundamentals in Computer Science Engineering to identify, analyse, generate and solve problems in the field of Computer Science.||3||2||3||3||2|
|POE2 To align graduates towards employment in reputed IT Firms as Leaders through organization and participation in Curricular activities of the Department.||3||3||2||2||2|
|POE 3 To orient students to participate in research related activities for providing the know-hows of Entrepreneurship||2||2||3||3||2|
|POE 4 To create awareness of the latest in the field of computers among the graduates in terms of the industry needs||3||2||3||3||2|
|POE 5 To prepare graduates as highly professional and ethical beings fully aware of their social responsibilities.||2||3||2||2||3|
Table 1: Mission of Department- PEOs Matrix
Dr. Divya Mishra
Head and Associate Professor
PhD (CSE), Amity University Uttar Pradesh.
M. Tech (Information Security), Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies & Research, GGSIPU
B.Tech (CSE), Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, IKGPTU
Ms. Upasna Joshi
B.Tech (CSE), M.E (CSE)
Ph.D. (Pursuing) from Thapar University
Ms. Medhavi Pandey
B.Tech (CSE), M.Tech (CSE)
Mr Vivek Misra
B.Tech , MTech (CSE)
Amity University, Noida
Ms. Nidhi Sharma
M.Tech I.T From Amity University, Noida
B.E I.T From Dr. B R Ambedkar University, Agra
Silver Topper in NPTEL TALE online certification 2019
Ms. Megha Kumar
B.Tech, M.Tech (CSE),
Ms. Gunjan Sethi
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
Mr. Nitesh Singh Bhati
B.Tech, M. Tech USICT (GGSIPU)
Ph.D (Pursuing) from GGSIPU, New Delhi
COMPUTER STUDENT’S TECHNICAL ASSOSIATION (CESTA)
Faculty Coordinator: Upasna Joshi
Office Bearers for the Academic Session 2021:
- Arjit Bhandari, Btech IIIrd year (President)
- Mallika Mittal, Btech IIIrd year (Vice-President)
- Pulkit Garg, Btech IIIrd year (General Secretary)
- Abhay Kumar Verma, Btech IInd year (Secretary)
- Geetika Thakran, Btech IInd year (Treasurer)
About Us: CESTA, Computer Technical Society functions under the Computer Science and Engineering Department. This society runs by the students under the guidance of faculty and technical society heads.
- To provide a platform where students can case their technical, leadership and communication skills.
- To promote their technical skills related to latest technology.
- To provide a competitive environment among the students.
- To facilitate the environment for innovative ideas.
- To build the Practical Approach among the students.
- Membership of CESTA is open to all students of DTC.
- All the members are involved in developing society purposes.
- The officers shall be President, Vive-President, General Secretary, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Officers are elected through the elections.
- Nominations will be filled before the elections.
- A majority of all the votes shall be necessary for a candidate to be elected.
- To be the part of CESTA there are nominal charges of Rs 100.
CESTA is easily accessible by all the students irrespective of their years and streams.
You can connect to our faculty coordinator and all the office bearers to give your esteemed feedback and any query related to CESTA will be resolved as soon as possible.
You can connect CESTA, on our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/cestadtc where you will be updated with all the information including the results of event and the posters for the event.
You can get add to the WhatsApp group where the coordinators post all the information.
You can also call us in the official hours to get any information.
Contact No: 9456300762, 9315558304
Guidance and counselling are important for students, and college has a huge role in bringing out the best in students. Good conduct is coveted, but sometimes young minds need guidance to polish their personality. Through counselling, students are given advice on how to manage and deal with emotional conflict and personal problems.
Proper counselling will help incorporate valuable lessons in their daily life. Some sessions should involve career guidance, where the students are advised on the selection of courses and different career paths. It’s important to prepare them for life after college and what to expect in the different fields they might opt for
Following are some of the benefits that students get from effective guidance & counselling:
- Students are given proper guidance on how to deal with psychological problems which can badly impact their studies. Through these sessions, the students will be able to develop certain problem-solving skills which to an extent help them deal with particular issues surrounding their lives.
- The students are advised on how to cope with different situations they tend to face in their school life. For instance, how should they talk politely or relate with their peers. This advice will give them perspective on how they should behave in certain scenarios.
- It helps to shape a student’s behaviour and also instils enough discipline in them. Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way.
- Students learn how-to live-in peace and harmony with others in the college community. Thereby, they also learn to appreciate other people in their class.
- It helps to bridge the gap between students and the college administration, since they are able to guide their problems through a proper counselling channel in the office.
- Students get comprehensive advice on career, courses and jobs that enable them to make a proper and informed choice and understand what they can do after they are done with school.
At DTC Counsellor is available for students as well as faculties:
Dr. Ragini Singh
MA – Clinical Psychology, PhD – Psychology
|Delhi Technical Campus|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Department Academic Advisory Committee||Departmental NBA Co-ordination Committee|
|Dr Divya Mishra||Dr. Divya Mishra|
|Dr.Pushpa Singh||Dr.Pushpa Singh|
|Ms. Megha Kumar|
|Departmental Co-ordination Committee||Departmental Internal Affairs Committee|
|Mr. Vivek Mishra||Ms. Nidhi Sharma|
|Ms. Medhavi Pandey|
|Departmental Project Committee||Departmental Placement Co-ordination Committee|
|Dr. Pushpa Singh||Ms. Upasna Joshi|
|Ms. Upasna Joshi|
|Departmental Time Table Committee||Departmental Re-creational Committee|
|Ms Megha Kumar||Mr. Vivek Mishra|
|Mr. Nitesh Bhati|
|Departmental Research and Publication Committee||Alumni Association Committee|
|Ms. Upasna Joshi||Ms. Upasna Joshi|
|Ms. Nidhi Sharma|
|Ms. Medhavi Pandey|
|Internal Quality Control & Assurance Committee||Conference/FDP /Seminar Organizing Committee|
|Ms. Megha Kumar||Ms Gunjan Sethi|
|Ms. Nidhi Sharma|
|Ms. Gunjan Sethi|
|Sports Committee||Discipline and Anti Ragging Committee|
|Mr. Nitesh Bhati||Ms. Nidhi Sharma|
|Ms. Medhavi Pandey|
An Interactive Lecture Series
Make Connection to unlock potential
Alumni Alliance is established at Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Delhi Technical Campus with to aim to develop a healthy and prosperous relation between the Alumni and students. The main aim of this series is to create an engaged and supportive alumni network to provide many valuable guidance. DTC also rely on alumni to provide mentoring, internships, and career opportunities to students.
Alumni Alliance Lecture series will cover various activities to build a strong bond between various stockholders.
- Carrier Guidance and Alumni Interaction Series: Carrier Guidance and Alumni Interaction Series provides free and open access to alumni sessions taken by distinguished alumni located across India & the globe. The aim of the series is to expand the productivity, bridge the gap between alumni & students’ knowledge horizons for all who wish to learn. Keeping this productive thought in mind Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Delhi technical Campus, Greater Noida Alumni cell launched an “ALUMNI ALLIANCE- Make Connection to unlock potential Interactive Lecture Series in which DTC Alumni who are now experts in various fields will interact with students via offline/online sessions. Alumni will interact with students, delivering lectures talking on various industry things, sharing experience, sharing skill sets, giving advice, etc. The series will witness a wide range of sessions, each with a unique perspective.
- Alumni Mentoring Sessions: Alumni can play an active role in voluntary programmes like mentoring students in their areas of expertise. They could also play a significant role in contributing grants to deserving students.
- Networking Platform – Alumni network by itself is one of the best professional networking platforms available today.
- Placements – The alumni network of a college is one of the biggest sources of placement opportunities to the students
Patron in Chief
|Mr. Vipin Sahni
(Chairman, DTC, Greater Noida)
|Mrs. Kiran Sahni
Chairperson, DTC, Greater Noida)
|Mr. Aman Sahni
Vice-Chairman, DTC, Greater Noida)
|Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhanwar Singh
(Former Judge, Allahabad High Court),
(Director General, DTC, Greater Noida)
|Prof. (Dr.) Ranjit Varma
(Director, DTC, Greater Noida)
|Prof. (Dr.) Pranay Tanwar
Dean-Academics, DTC, Greater Noida
Dr. Divya Mishra
(HoD-CSE, DTC, Greater Noida)
Ms. Upasana Joshi
(CSE, DTC, Greater Noida)