Existing Number of Participants: 12
Nature of the Society: Promoting and enhancing the art of expression in the institute through various performances and workshops.
- Expressions is one thing but getting into the life of a character and understanding how the character feels is another thing and the Dramatics Society, we believe in engaging the performer not only on the stage for the act but also backstage so that they should what dedication and time goes for making just a mere 2 minute role.
- Dramatics is a way to portrait a message without word in silent plays, letting the audience knows what the character is about. It engages an individual not just to act but also to imagine, improvise and adapt which is also an important lesson for life.
- Dramatics is not just mere performing art but also develops an individual to step up in life and achieve their goals.
- A member can join other society as well but needs to maintain 80% attendance criterion and need to be engaged in on stage or back stage activity.
- For selection process, a new member will have to register by filling the form and go through the selection process as defines by the faculty conveners.
- Selection will be based on the performance, enthusiasm, energy creativity in acting, writing and direction.
- Selected members will be required to submit a nominal fee set by the faculty conveners.
- We strive to attain excellence not only in performances but also to mould a balanced personality of an individual by conducting performances and workshops both inside and outside the institute.
- The training is grueling and extremely rewarding at same time.
Ms. Medhavi Pandey
Ms. Chhaya Dubey
President: Abhishek Parihaar (Civil- 3rd year)
Vice President: Kunal Tanwar (EEE-2nd year)
Events - Year 2018
INTRA COLLEGE DRAMATICS COMPETITION
On 8th March, first day of the annual cultural Vikiran, in Da Vinci Auditorium the Intra College dramatics competition was organized by Aavansh DTC dramatics society. Performances were divided in 2 categories namely One Act Play and Monoact. To add a twist standup comedy was also included in the monoact category. A total of 8 performances were displayed in both categories.
Vivek Prasad (Winner)
Shikhar Saraswat (Runner up)
One Act Play–
Kunal Tanwar & Group (Winners)
Shubhnesh Tyagi & Group (Runner up)
|September||Fresher’s||Stage play, Fashion show|
|October||Workshop(By Hindu College)|
|November||Diwali Mela||Stage play|
|March||Vikiran||Fashion show, Mono act, stage play|