DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING, DELHI TECHNICAL CAMPUS
An Industrial visit was conducted by ECE department, at ALTTC, Ghaziabad, on 28th August, 2018. 50 students of II year, ECE visited three different labs of ALTTC namely,
- Broadband Lab
- Dense Wave Division Multiplexing Lab
- Optical Fiber Lab
The visit was very beneficial to the students and the Department looks forward to many more endeavors.
Seminar on ‘PSU’s RECRUITMENT PROCESS by Made Easy Delhi
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Delhi Technical Campus, successfully organized one day seminar on PSU’S recruitment process 18th October 2018. The objective of the seminar was to create awareness among students of engineering for government services examination. ECE final year students participated in the seminar. Resource persons were Mr. Sanjay kumar,Mr. Arun Singh and Mr. Ankur Gautam Made Easy Delhi. The seminar was very helpful for student to join public sectors.
Intercollegiate Technical Fest – “EVOLUTION 2018”
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Delhi Technical Campus, successfully organized one day Tech event Evolution 2018, 25th October 2018 in collaboration with “Random Solutions” technical society. The objective of the event was to create awareness among students of Engineering and Science course about various projects. Students of Science & Technology and Humanities in order to provide a forum for the free and fruitful exchange of ideas and information for becoming about Projects. Total 80 students participated in the event.
Mr. Bharat kumar (World Champion Para-Swimmer) was invited as guest of honor. Dr. Babu lal (Ex Executive Director at BHEL, NOIDA), Mr. Chetan Swaroop Sharma (AGM at BHEL, NOIDA) and Mr. Anil Lohani(Sr. Engineer at BHEL, NOIDA) marked their presence as jury.
A number of participants submitted their responses for the participation but out of them total 8 teams were shortlisted for presenting their innovative ideas. Among those innovators three of them succeeded for achieving the positions and rewards.
First Prize (5000/-) rewarded to a very unique thought “Smart Wheel Chair”, the second prize (3000/-) rewarded to “Traffic Control System” and the third prize (2000/-) rewarded to “Sewage Smart Water Purifier”.
In between these experienced innovators, participated with their idea of “Zero Visibility Warning System” and wins the heart of everyone and rewarded with Appreciation Certificates.
As the whole day became witnesses of many memorable moments and leads many new thoughts that will be fulfilling as future expectations.
Expert Lecture on ‘Emerging Technologies in VLSI Design and Embedded System by Mr. Awasthi Senior Engineer S T Microelectronics
On 26/10/18, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering had successfully organized an expert lecture on ‘Emerging Technologies in VLSI Design and Embedded System’ by Mr. Nirmesh Kumar Awasthi, Senior Lead, S T Microelectronics Greater Noida. Target audience was students of all semester of ECE Department. Mr. Awasthi has a sound experience of 13 Years in STMicroelectronics and has worked on various projects such as Custom IO and Chip Level IBIS model generation & Validation, Voltage and Thermal sensor IP design for SPACE, IO Library development and customization etc. S T Microelectronics is a world leader in providing the semiconductor solutions that make a positive contribution to people’s lives, today and into the future. It is among the world’s largest semiconductor companies and a leading integrated device manufacturer delivering solutions that are keys to smart driving and the internet of things. It is a leading technology innovator: 7,400 people working in R&D, 17,000 patents, 9,500 patent families and 500 new patent filings in 2017.
Dr. Kumar Shubham, Head, ECE Department felicitated Mr. Awashti with a token of gratitude. In his lecture Mr. Awasthi discussed about emerging technologies in VLSI Design and Embedded System. He
Expert Lecture on “Operational Amplifier and its Applications” by Dr. Bhawna Agarwal, Netaji Subhas University of Technology, India, for ECE and EEE 2nd and 3rd Year Students on January 28th 2019.In her talk Dr. Bhawna focused on building blocks of operational amplifier, its applications and importance in electronics engineering. She addressed queries of students. The lecture was extremely informative for students and faculty members.
On 11th February 2019 an Industrial visit to Automation Engineers A.B. Pvt. Ltd. (AEAB) Sector 83, Noida was organized for ECE 3rd year students. AEAB, is an international solution partner & authorized system house of siemens Ltd. The fresh engineering graduates are well versed with the theoretical knowledge but lack of practical experience and application knowledge. So these industrial visits are intended to bridge this gap. The industrial visit was very beneficial to the students.
A one day webinar on Challenges in “Antenna Miniaturization and Barriers to Espionage and Hacking” by Prof. Dhiraj Sinha, Massachusetts Institute of Technology USA, were also organized on February 12th 2019 for ECE 3rd Year students. He explained if someone has an amazing technology that could be used to hack lakhs of EVMs using an ultra-small transceiver circuit with an efficient antenna, which would remain invisible to the human eye, and be able to plug itself automatically to such EVMs, that person could revolutionize the current telecom industry and should be a suitable candidate for the Nobel Prize in Physics. The webinar was extremely informative for students and faculty members.
- Team ECE comprises of Sanjeev, Altamash, Shreya, Sajjad, Pooja, Md. Akram, Bhavishya, Mohit & Prince won 3rd position in Maze Solver in Techfest at GB Pant engineering college, 2nd prize in Robo Race in Techfest at DITE, 3rd in Robo Race at IEC Engineering college Greater Noida & Semifinalist in Robo Soccer at MSIT Delhi.
- Team ECE have also Qualified for TECHNOTHONE 2018, International school championship organized by the student fraternity of IIT Guwahati.
- Sanjeev Maurya ECE final year, filled a patent on ‘Clip based Illuminator’ under mentorship of Dr. Kumar Shubham (HoD ECE) and Dr. Urvashi Singh.
- Sanjeev Kumar Maurya ECE submitted a proposal on “Smart Solutions to Water Overflow Problem”. Site- Purvanchal Silver City -2, Greater Noida to MIETY (DST) under the guidance of Dr. Urvashi Singh Associate Professor ECE.
- Kumar Shubham HoD ECE , Dr Urvashi Singh Associate Professor ECE & Sanjeev Maurya Student ECE final year, filled a patent on ‘Clip based illuminator’. Currently under 2nd review.
- Urvashi Singh Associate Professor ECE presented a paper titled “3D Smith-Chart Applications for Passive Negative Resistance in RF and Microwave Circuits”, International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN), Noida, Feb 22-23, 2018.
- Urvashi Singh Associate Professor ECE presented a paper titled “A New Low Power Analog Gaussian Function Generator With Enhanced Bandwidth”, IEEE International Conference on Computing, Power and Communication Technologies (GUCON) 2018, IEEE Conference Record No 42736, Greater Noida. Sept. 28-29, 2018.
- Urvashi Singh Associate Professor ECE (Principal Investigator), Sanjeev Kumar Maurya and Ishank submitted a proposal on “SMART SOLUTIONS TO WATER OVERFLOW PROBLEM”. Site- Purvanchal Silver City -2, Greater Noida to MIETY (DST).
- Ankit Gambhir Assistant Professor ECE published a paper titled ‘Analysis of particle swarm and artificial bee colony Optimisation- based clustering protocol for WSN in IJCSE (INDERSCIENCE) (in press).
- Ankit Gambhir Assistant Professor ECE presented and published a paper titled ‘Performance Analysis and Implementation of DES Algorithm and RSA Algorithm with Image and Audio Steganography Techniques.’ In: Iyer B., Nalbalwar S., Pathak N. (eds) Computing, Communication and Signal Processing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 810. Springer, Singapore.