Guidance and counselling are important for students, and college has a huge role in bringing out the best in students. Good conduct is coveted, but sometimes young minds need guidance to polish their personality. Through counselling, students are given advice on how to manage and deal with emotional conflict and personal problems.
Proper counselling will help incorporate valuable lessons in their daily life. Some sessions should involve career guidance, where the students are advised on the selection of courses and different career paths. It’s important to prepare them for life after college and what to expect in the different fields they might opt for
Following are some of the benefits that students get from effective guidance & counselling:
- Students are given proper guidance on how to deal with psychological problems which can badly impact their studies. Through these sessions, the students will be able to develop certain problem-solving skills which to an extent help them deal with particular issues surrounding their lives.
- The students are advised on how to cope with different situations they tend to face in their school life. For instance, how should they talk politely or relate with their peers. This advice will give them perspective on how they should behave in certain scenarios.
- It helps to shape a student’s behaviour and also instils enough discipline in them. Proper guidance helps them achieve their goals, well guided & counselled students know what to do and how to do things in the best possible way.
- Students learn how-to live-in peace and harmony with others in the college community. Thereby, they also learn to appreciate other people in their class.
- It helps to bridge the gap between students and the college administration, since they are able to guide their problems through a proper counselling channel in the office.
- Students get comprehensive advice on career, courses and jobs that enable them to make a proper and informed choice and understand what they can do after they are done with school.
At DTC Counsellor is available for students as well as faculties:
Dr. Ragini Singh
MA – Clinical Psychology, PhD – Psychology