Nature of the Society:
The name of the Organization shall be “AMEYA- The Limitless Life and limitless expressions”.
Heads of the Society:
Dr. Urvashi Singh
Dr. Malvika Chaudhary
President: Abhishek Karna (3rd Year ECE)
Vice-President: Stuti (B.Arch 2nd Year)
Existing number of participants: 48
- We will urge each student to strive daily for their personal best, as well as to support one another in fostering a sense of teamwork in the classroom.
- We appreciate that the heart of a dancer is born into many different bodies and the love of dance can take on many different styles. Once a dancer always a dancer, dance is something students can come back to during all stages of their life.
- It is clear that the discipline, focus and artistic enlightenment of dance creates success in all aspects of life. Dance education contributes to the development of responsible, dedicated, determined, and creative adults in society.
- As said best by Mikhail Baryshnikov: “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.”
- Membership of the organization shall be determined by being a student of any course and any branch at DTC.
- All Members shall have equal rights and privileges with respect to holding an office, participating in the nomination of the officers of the organization but they must satisfy the given conditions:
- The member must maintain an academic attendance of not less than 70%.
- The member must maintain a good academic record.
- The member should not be in detention or any other with a punishment of similar type.
- Membership shall be open to all students of the DELHI TECHNICAL CAMPUS irrespective of their year of study and shall comply with state laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, sex, handicap, age, sexual orientation, or political or religious affiliation. Compliance with these laws means that membership, benefits, and the election of officers will not be made on the basis of these factors.
- Before auditions, we will be distributing application forms.
- Selection will be based on the performance which includes facial expressions, energy, on beat steps & creativity.
- Selective members will be required to submit a nominal fee Rs.100/-
- Our mission is to instill a great love of dance, while inspiring self-confidence, discipline and respect of the performing arts. Our goal is to give each individual dancer the tools they need to take dance as far as they dream to take it. We believe if you can dream it you can achieve it! We believe in an enriching education and we recognize that every student has something to offer the arts and the arts have something to every dance student.
- The mission of the Organization will be dedicated to the institution and individual development along with discipline and punctuality in life.
On 9 March, in Amphitheater the Inter College Dance Competition “SANGAM 2018” was organized by “AMEYA the dance Society” DTC. Before embarking the dance competition, lightning of lamp was done by our Chairperson mam Ms. Kiran Sahni, Director General sir Honorable Justice Bhanwar Singh Sir, Director Dr. A.K. Singh, Dean Academic Dr. Praney Tanwar , the convener and Co-conveners of the society. After that, Honorable Justice Bhanwar Singh sir addressed the gathering and showered all his blessings to all the participants. Then the competition began with the Group dance performance of dance society and they showed their amazing moves and entertained the audience. After this, bhangra society was also invited to show their bhangra moves and all the audience were amazed by their performance. After this, the competition started and nearly 34 solo performers performed and they all were amazing.
This competition was judged by Prof. Dr. Alka Srivastava, Ms. Kimmi Verma.
After this dance competition, winners were announced and they were awarded.
- Group Dance- Won by JIIP College Noida, Awarded with a Trophy , Certificate and a cash prize of rupees 3000/-
- Solo Dance- Winner- Ms. Parinita Rastogi, DTC Greater Noida, Runner-up Shubham Chaudhary, JIMS, Rohini, Awarded with Trophy, Certificate and a gift hamper.
- Duet- Abhishek Karna & Shivani Rawat, DTC Greater Noida, Awarded with a Trophy, Certificate, and a Gift Hamper.
This successful event ended by capturing the moment with all the solo performers of the dance competition.
Ameyans performed wonderfully and enthusiastically in Diwali mela. We have presented two performances:
- Folk Dance: Our 08 students have shown their skills in folk dance performance. In this performance they danced on various Bollywood famous folk songs including Ghoomar and tad-bhadak…(Padmavat), mornibannke (badhaiho) and jogaratara (loveraatri) etc.
- Fusion Dance: Our 07 students have performed on fusion of various masala Bollywood and Hollywood famous songs. Students were successful in their approach and entertained the audience a lot.
- A one day dance workshop by the members of Ameya was organized on 25th January at 1:30 p.m in seminar hall, at Delhi Technical Campus. Having a total of 42 participants out of which 6 were non-members.
- Ameya, a group of enthusiastic and passionate dancers who have given recent performances in the Diwali Mela 2018, and had a very successful approach in keeping the audience entertained.
- The presence of three great dancers Mr.amit, Mr.Tanuj and Ms.Niti who were a part of Dazzlers who have won in ANUGOONJ seven times in a row , with pronounced involvement in the field of dance not only inspired the Ameyans but also guided them.
- The three taught us Urban hip- hop and lyrical hip-hop on songs “KyaBaat Ay” and “DilDooba” which was clearly astounding for all of us. It clearly indicated how much more hard-work and sincerity we need to put in to be in the limelight!
- This workshop has acted as a dawn for the Ameyans and has encouraged everyone to keep working hard and plodding through the stairs of success.
- The purpose of this workshop for the passionate dancers was just like a mini vacation from the stress of everyday. We got to learn from the great dancers Mr.Amit, Mr.Tanuj and Ms.Neeti who inspired us and motivated us to give our best at every chance we get and give every performance as if it is our last. From this occasion we have learned that there is a beautiful way of expressing our emotions without saying anything and everything gets better when you dance. Dance gives us a feeling of freedom and when it is done with all our heart then there is nothing better than this. The dance that we saw and learnt has showed that great things never come from comfort zones. We hope that in the future we would be able to achieve great success and we wish that occasions like these should be held every month to boost confidence in every member of our society.
|S. No.||Event Name||College||Date||Status|
|1||Diwali Mela||DTC, Grt Noida||02/11/2018||Successfully conducted|
|2||Spandan||VIPS, affiliated to GGSIP||Dec 2018||Cancelled due to delayed end-semester Exams|
|3||New Year Mela||DTC, Grt Noida||10/01/ 2019||Successfully conducted|
|4||Workshop||DTC, Grt Noida||25/01/2019||Successfully conducted|
|5||Anugoonj||GGSIP University||7-9/02/2018||Successfully conducted|
|6||Vikiran||DTC, Grt Noida||8/03/2019||Successfully conducted|
|7||Inter-college Dance Competition||DTC, Grt Noida||9/3/2019||Successfully conducted|