International Conclave – AIE 2021
Brief Summary Report of Conclave AIE2021
Event Name: International Conclave – AIE 2021, AI at the Edge, The Next generation of Data Processing
Theme: Edge Computing, AI, Machine Learning and IoT
Organizer: Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Delhi Technical Campus Greater Noida
Date: 15th April -16th April 2021
As the exceptional use of IoT, smart and connected devices, has made the data processing a crucial task, AIE2021 conclave aims to explore the new dimensions of data processing technologies like Edge Computing, FoG Computing, Cloud Computing etc.
The foremost objective behind AIE2021 was to provide a platform where the academic research communities, experts from industries, scientists and participants come collectively to deliberate their ideas and application experiences in data processing field.
- To discuss evolution in data processing technologies
- To discuss various edge-based data processing technologies
- To discuss about next generation sensor networks
- To discuss various issues like budget and bandwidth limitations etc. during development of AI, ML and IoT based models.
- To provide an opportunity to deliberate on new ideas and the application experiences.
AIE 2021 began on 15th April 2021 at 10:00 A.M with opening remarks by respected dignitaries-
Hon’ble Mr. Vipin Sahni, Chairman, DTC, Greater Noida
Hon’ble Mrs. Kiran Sahni, Chairperson, DTC, Greater Noida
Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhawar Singh, Director General, DTC,Greater Noida
Chairman: Prof (Dr) Ranjit Varma, Director, DTC, Greater Noida
Convener: Prof (Dr) Pranay Tanwar, Dean Academics, DTC, Greater Noida
Chief Guest: Shri R. Panneerselvam, Principal Director, Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Govt of India
AIE 2021 was successfully organized virtually dedicated to keynote addresses by the experts and technical sessions. The two days conclave was comprised of 8 keynote addresses of 45 minutes from National and international distinguished speakers from reputed universities and industries like University of Milan, Italy, INHA University, Uzbekistan, University of Technology & Applied Sciences, Oman, University of New Brunswick, Canada, National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG), Galway, Ireland, Bennett University, Greater Noida, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, and Best Buy Canada
AIE 2021 was structured to foster discussion between participants around the core theme of the conclave. This was achieved by the two technical sessions- Research Paper Presentations and Student Track.
The research paper presentations were organized in two parallel sessions. Each session was related to core theme of the conclave. Poster Presentation and Short Paper Publication under student track was organized to showcase the innovative model or work done by the students and researchers.
The conclave seen a huge response from different corners of the country Maharashtra, Pondicherry, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Tamil Nadu etc and from Industry such as Microchip Technologies.
A successful conclave can not be organized without a good review and advisory people. The technical committee chaired by Dr. Deepak Kumar, Amity University Uttar Pradesh had a very challenging task of selecting high quality submissions. Each paper was peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers and on the recommendation of our technical committee 13 papers were finally accepted for the presentation during the conclave AIE2021.
Whether you are a professional, an advise from experts is always required at every step for successful completion of any event. AIE 2021 International Advisory committee was chaired by Dr. Seung-Hwa Chung, Trinity College Dublin. It had members from countries like Ireland, Canada, Uzbekistan, South Korea, Malaysia and India. The guidance and support provided by all the members of advisory committee is highly appreciated.
During AIE2021 the work presented by authors was motivated by presentation of following awards:
- Best Paper Award (I Prize)- Prize money of Rs. 5000 and certificate was awarded to participants from Yeshwantrao Chavan College of Engineering Nagpur, Maharashtra, India for work entitled “Radial Basis Function Neural Network for prediction of Mechanical Properties for Fused Deposition Method”.
- Best Paper Awards (II Prize)- Certificate was awarded to participants from NIT, Warangal, India for work entitled “Analysis of Debug Data Compression Methods for Post-Silicon Chip Debugging and Validation”.
- Best Poster Award- Prize money of Rs. 2000 and certificate was awarded to students from DTC, Greater Noida for poster entitled “Covid- 19 Detection using Genetically optimized neural network”.
We would like to thank the Organizing Committee for their efforts and time spent to ensure the success of the conference. We would also like to express our gratitude to the Program Committee members for their timely and helpful reviews. And we thank all the invited speakers, authors and participants for their contribution in making AIE2021 a stimulating and productive Conclave, and hope to get their continued support in future.
We hope this conclave was an enriching experience and proved to be a worthy platform for sharing the ideas and experiences in field of Next generation of Data Processing Technologies.